January 17-20, 2013: 150th Battle of Arkansas Post, Gillet, Arkansas. (this event will take place on both the state and national parks)
February 22-24, 2013: Battle of Round Mountain, Yale, OK
March 9, 2013: Daffodil Festival in Camden, Arkansas.
March 16, 2013: General Patrick R. Cleburne Memorial Service and Statue Dedication in Helena, Arkansas. The memorial will take place in the historic Confederate Cemetery and the dedication to a life-size bronze statue of Cleburne will take place at the Phillips County Museum following the cemetery event.
March 22-24, 2013: Battle of 151st Pea Ridge- DIRECTIONS TO THE BATTLE OF PEA RIDGE, 22-24 MARCH 2013
• Take Exit 88 onto AR Hwy 72 toward Pea Ridge
• Follow AR 72 to Pea Ridge intersection of AR 72 and AR 265/AR 94
• Turn left (north) at the intersection to the 4-way stop in the center of Pea Ridge.
• Turn left (west) at the 4-way stop onto AR 94.
• Take AR 265 to the north at the intersection across the highway from the Pea Ridge high school.
• Go about 3.5 miles on AR 265 to the Red Mule liquor store.
• Turn right (east) on the dirt road across the highway from the Red Mule. This is State Line Road/County Rd 842.
• Continue east for about ½ mile to the entrance and registration
March 22-24, 2013: Battle of Port Hudson- Baton Rouge, LA
March 30, 2013: Confederate Flag Day- Little Rock, Arkansas on the grounds of the State Capitol!
April 12-14, 2013: Battle of Pleasant Hill, Pleasant Hill, LA
April 19-21, 2013: Battle of Poison Springs, Camden, AR
June 22, 2013: African American Role during the Battle of Helena- Living History and Battle, Helena, AR
June 27-30, 2013: 150th Gettysburg
September 6-8, 2013: 150th Battle of Little Rock, Scott, AR
September 19-22: 150th Battle of Chickamuaga, Chattanooga, GA
If you have or know of an event that is not listed, send us an e-mail with all the pertinent information to email@example.com
For a list of officially sanctioned events by The Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission, Click Here