Civil War sesquicentennial events during August include:
* “Fought in Earnest: Civil War Arkansas,” the Arkansas History Commission’s traveling exhibit, will be at the Jacksonville Museum of Arkansas Military History in Jacksonville from August 4 to 28; call (501) 241-1943 or email email@example.com for more information
* Brown Bag Lunch Lecture, Mark Christ of the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission speaking on Confederate operations in northeast Arkansas in 1864, will be held August 7 at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock; call (501) 324-9685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Civil War Round Table of the Delta will feature Dr. Bill Gurley of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences speaking on Civil War medicine at Beth El Heritage Hall in Helena-West Helena on August 11; call (870) 338-4350 or email email@example.com for more information.
* Music in the Park, featuring a Battle of the Bands Composition Competition for new works inspired by the Civil War, will be held at Historic Washington State Park on August 16; call (870) 983-2226 or email HistoricWashington@arkansas.com for more information.
* Grand Prairie Civil War Round Table will feature historian David Casto speaking on the Eighth Missouri Cavalry (U.S.) on August 12 at the Lonoke County Museum in Lonoke; email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
* Under Two Governments, a half-day seminar featuring Dr. Gary Joiner, Dr. Tom DeBlack and Dr. Michael Dougan, will be held August 16 at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock; call (501) 324-9685 or email email@example.com for more information.
* Civil War Dances of the Time Period will be performed by living historians from Historic Washington State Park at the Saline County Library in Benton on August 18; call (501) 778-4766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Taylor’s Creek and Mount Vernon Historical Marker Dedication will be held at the First National Bank of Eastern Arkansas Branch in Colt on August 23; call (870) 633-4778 or email email@example.com for additional information.
* Madison County Marker Dedication, recognizing Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Historical Markers commemorating Governor Isaac Murphy and the Huntsville Massacre, will be held in the new park at 204 West Main Street in Huntsville on August 26; call (479) 738-6607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Civil War Round Table of Arkansas will feature Mark Christ of the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission speaking on Confederate General Joseph O. Shelby’s operations in the summer of 1864 when it meets at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock on August 26; email email@example.com for more information.
For more information on these and other sesquicentennial events, visit http://www.arkansascivilwar150.com/events/.